The Procurement Specialist is a key sourcing position that will handle a variety of tasks ranging from initial supplier negotiations to more transactional duties including, purchase order entry, delivery tracking and other project orders, in fast paced, high pressure environment. Additional duties include managing inventory, resolving issues concerning price disputes, and making bids for vendor’s services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sourcing/Selecting qualified suppliers.
- Negotiation including negotiating best possible price, payment terms, and delivery schedules.
- Enter Requisitions and Purchase Order in the system.
- Measuring and Managing supplier performance (price, delivery, and quality)
- Identifying supplier risk
- Developing and leading new supply sources while supporting daily responsibilities.
- Check orders received against the order to verify accuracy.
- Conduct periodic physical inventories, of fixed assets.
- Review storeroom management best-practices in order to ensure there is not undue overstocking or loss.
- Tag fixed assets, prepare report and send it to the corresponding entities.
- Maintain and update inventory tracking system.
- Develop and implement efficient inventory management procedures.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Implement a loss prevention program.
- Report any stock issues to management and place product orders as necessary
- Prepare a list of depleted products and a survey of unusable products.
- Keeps the store room, staging and dock areas clean and orderly at all times.
- Establish and maintain a good professional rapport with all staff departments.
- Adheres to the appropriate and necessary fiduciary, ethical, and professional tone of the corporate purchasing function, both intra and interdepartmental.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, business, finance or related field.
- 3+ year experience in procurement of purchasing.
- Good understanding of procurement practices and principles and must have demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Team player with problem solving abilities and a drive for results.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.