MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST- (North Hollywood & Huntington Park)
The Village Family Services is accepting applications for full time LMFT, LCSW, PsyD and/or license eligible, BBS registered ASW or MFTI to join our multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive mental health and therapeutic treatment services for children and adolescents/TAY ages birth to 25. Individual and family services will primarily be provided in the community (home and school) to clients and their families. Therapist will also work to improve outcomes for our foster children ages birth to 21.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with children and TAY ages birth to 25 years and their families.
• Provide comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment for clients.
• Provide individual, family, and group therapy using evidence based psychotherapy interventions, and case management as needed.
• Likes collaborating and communicating with a multidisciplinary treatment team; and makes referrals as needed.
• Complete required documentation according to DMH and agency standards.
• Demonstrate empathy to work with children/families under stress.
• Participate in weekly staff meeting and appropriate supervision and consultation.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. Two or more years of direct practice experience working with children, adolescents/TAY and families.
2. Clients include young children and adolescents with serious and persistent mental illness; extensive trauma histories including foster care placement; and co-occurring disorders.
3. Experience working within a multidisciplinary team setting to provide the Core Practice Model of services to children and their families; knowledge of Wraparound, Treatment Foster Care or Full Service Partnership preferred.
4. Certified in one or more EBPs such as TF-CBT, MAP, Seeking Safety, PCIT, CPP, IPT (Preferred)
5. Excellent assessment skills.
6. Strong time management and organizational skills.
7. Skilled in engaging, motivating and working with diverse individuals and groups to accomplish established goals.
8. Self-directed, efficient and effective in problem solving and managing multiple demands and objectives.
9. Knowledge of Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) clinical paperwork and timelines.
1. LMFT, LCSW, PsyD and/or license eligible with BBS number as MFTI or ACSW.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish Required.
3. Must possess valid California Driver’s license and state required registration and insurance.
4. Travel to meet with clients in home, school, and community settings.