We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our team!
The ideal candidate would possess excellent communication, critical thinking, and organization skills. The Generalist will develop programs, implement best HR practices, provide overall input on HR issues to management, and act as a confidential contact for employees. This person will administer compensation programs, performance management programs, recruitment and succession planning, training, as well as a number of other people-related processes and activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles all aspects of recruitment including preparation of postings, screening of candidates, research for sourcing candidates, maintenance of job posting sites, coordination of interviews with managers, and completion of reference checks.
- Prepares offer letters and employment agreements.
- Implements human resources initiatives and programs that effectively support the core values of the company.
- Coordinates the performance management process, ensuring performance appraisals are done on time and are consistent with core values.
- Updates compensation information, and provides recommendations for compensation ranges. Provides a source of confidential guidance and counsel to managers and staff concerning policies, practices, performance and conflict resolution.
- Manages internal and external training programs: determines training needs, implements training programs and follows-up to ensure effectiveness.
- Ensures company compliance with human resources legislation. Maintains and updates HR documents such as, but not limited to, Employee Handbook, Performance Management Forms, and Job Descriptions.
- Handles all aspects of HR administration: tracking probations, new employee orientations, collection of survey information, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of work records.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, written and on-line, correspondence and other written materials.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Business Administration, preferably with a concentration in Human Resources
- 3 to 4 years experience in a generalist HR position
- Excellent interviewing skills Good oral and written communication
- Expert knowledge of Excel and Word and working knowledge of other MS Office Programs
- Ability to work with a senior management team to implement policies and ensure compliance.
- Excellent employee relations skills Knowledge of Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation
- Knowledge of compensation analysis and salary administration
- Experience monitoring training programs