Clinical Supervisor (LCSW Required)
The Clinical Supervisor will report directly to the Director of Outpatient Services. The Clinical Supervisor is primarily responsible for providing clinical and administrative supervision (e.g.: client oversight, case consultation, timecard approval, productivity reports) and support for any mental health services. The Clinical Supervisor position is an integral part of the management team and successfully collaborates with colleagues to ensure overall program and agency effectiveness. The Clinical Supervisor is accountable for ensuring delivery of exceptional services that are focused on the client needs while also upholding TVFS and DMH standards. The Clinical Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring accurate billing and documentation. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for improving the overall program and using clinical and administrative knowledge to improve the way services are delivered, billed and documented.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All of the responsibilities listed below are considered essential functions of this position. Additionally, this position is expected to ensure that the core operating values and the strategic direction of the agency are adhered to.
1. Provide on-going individual supervision of community- based therapists as assigned.
2. Provide didactic training, group supervision as assigned.
3. Recruit and train program staff.
4. Oversee the delivery of quality clinical services and compliance with agency policy.
5. Assist in the development of program policies and procedures to ensure agency compliance with funding sources
6. Interface with DCFS, DMH, court systems, schools, and other community liaisons.
7. Ensure that client service hour expectations are met for direct report supervises. Implement performance action when the supervise falls below 90% of the expectation.
8. Ensure that all paperwork is complete, accurate, and paperwork deadlines are met.
9. Provide 24- hour availability and crisis intervention to supervises, and clients on an as-needed basis.
10. Participate in supervisors meetings, staff meetings, agency wide meetings, utilization review meetings, in-service training, morale and team building events.
11. Arrange work schedule or required hours including evening hours coverage to the benefit of the outpatient department with the approval of the outpatient director.
12. Comply with agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
13. Comply with applicable professional licensing requirements and ethical standards including maintaining required supervision CE hours.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. LCSW social work or related field.
2. Valid California clinical license for a minimum of two years.
3. A minimum of two years’ experience supervising licensed and unlicensed clinicians providing intensive services for emotionally disturbed children and their caregivers.
4. Minimum of two years administrative experience in implementing treatment programs, knowledge of and skills in areas of individual, group, and family therapy.
5. Excellent assessment skills.
6. Strong communication, time management and organizational skills.
7. Skilled in engaging, motivating and working with diverse individuals and groups to accomplish established goals.
8. Self-directed, efficient and effective in problem solving and managing multiple demands and objectives.
9. Strong leadership skills and able to work as a part of a Multidisciplinary Team.
10. Experience with adolescents, foster care population and probation-referred clients.
11. Strong clinical understanding and the ability to multitask and manage areas of supervision including, but not limited to, compliance with documentation timeline policies, client service hours expectation maintenance, caseload management
12. Evidence Based Practices knowledge and experience preferred.
13. Proficient with Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) clinical paperwork